The skinny for 1 serving, 214 calories, 5 grams of fat and 6 ww sp. If calculated using ww whole wheat bread for the crumbs, 4 sp. Any leftovers make great sandwiches!
prep time: 15 minutes
bake time: 50 minutes
You will need:
1 pound (96%) extra lean ground beef, see shopping tip
1½ slices whole wheat bread, remove crusts (i used milton’s multigrain bread)
1 cup onions, chopped
2 egg whites
3 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon spicy brown or yellow mustard
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
¼ teaspoon salt
fresh ground pepper, to taste
ingredients for topping:
¼ cup ketchup
1 tablespoon spicy mustard or yellow mustard
2 teaspoon brown sugar, packed
How to make it :
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, add the ground beef.
3. To make bread crumbs: remove crust, break up bread and add to a blender or food processor. Process until the bread turns into crumbs.
4. To the beef, add the bread crumbs, onions, egg whites, ketchup, mustard, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, to taste. Using your hands, mix together all the ingredients.
5. Place the meat mixture on the baking sheet and free form a loaf by hand. It should be about 12”x4. ”
6. In a small bowl, mix together the topping ingredients. Spread all over the top of the meatloaf.
7. Bake for 55 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
makes 10 slices (2 slices for each serving)
happily most supermarkets sell lean ground beef. I used the 96% lean ground beef from trader joe’s.
while the meatloaf is in the oven make a yummy potato side dish. Try dairy free skinny mashed potatoes,fingerling roasted potatoes or skinny fries.
ww sp 4 if bread crumbs made with weight watchers whole wheat bread.
ww sp 6
ww p+ 5